Lilypie Next Birthday PicLilypie Next Birthday Ticker Lilypie Next Birthday PicLilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Want to be notified when this blog is updated? By subscribing to my blog, you'll stay up to date with my freebies, my life, my kids and much more.

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz





This is me on 1/5/00 at 370 pounds & gaining.


And this is me now. :) (180)

I have never been like everyone else. For a lot of kids being fat is something they never have to think about. Something they never have to worry about, and lucky them. But for me, that was VERY different. I thought about it every day of my life, what I ate and didn't eat since I was 10 years old. I started gaining weight rapidly. I ate less then everyone around me but I was the one gaining weight on a daily basis and getting bigger. I had people telling me to eat less and exercise more. Eat less when I was eating less then all the other kids already?

I'm surprised I didn't end up with a eating disorder too. As the years went by the weight went up and up. When I graduated from school I was already 270 and a year later when I married my hubby I was up to 310. Can you imagine being that big? Try picking up a 50 pound bag of dog food and walk around for a hour. See how tired you get from just 50 more pounds. Of course with my weight going up so quick, my health went downhill. I was going to the Dr every week for things. I couldn't paint my toes nails much less even see my toes. I would get out of breath walking from the car which was parked in the closing parking spot to the Store entrance. My ankles were so swollen they looked like balloons. My Dr finally discovered that I had low thyroid. Started me on meds which helped me not gain weight so fast but about nothing else....

After my hubby graduated we moved to San Diego for his job. Imagine being 350 pounds now and living in a city where everyone is obsessed with looks. I'd go out in public and hear comments n snickers n laughing. After a while I couldn't take it and would only leave my home when absolutely needed. I was a prisoner in my own home. Now I just moved to CA so of course I was extremely homesick as ALL of my family lived in AZ and they were my support. My hubby was busy with his new job n well not very interested in me anymore, n who can blame him? I had such bad sleep apnea that I would stop breathing 113 times in 1 hour. I was dying and I was invisible to everyone. This is were the thought of killing myself came in. I could no longer handle being so big that I was not really living at all. Well, one day I was online and just happened upon a website that saved my life in every way possible. WLS. Weight Loss Surgery. And NO, It's not a "EASY WAY OUT". It was either WLS or die a slow death. What would you choose? I choose WLS. I choose life. I'd either die on the table or come out in a better situation. Not much really to lose. I went into surgery weighing 371 or more.

Well It worked. One and half years later and ALOT of exercise, I was 205 pounds lighter. I weighed 165 and I was happy and healthy and most important I was living life again. All my medical problems were gone. WLS saved me. Saved my life and made my kids possible! Yup, 2 years later I had my first child and 4 years later my second. I gained some baby weight and I was at 218 before starting my exercise and diet routine. WLS was just a tool for me and that's all. It gave me the chance to have a normal life. It doesn't mean that I won't gain weight back, I know, because well I did. I gained a total of 50 pounds between my two kids. But my kids are worth it and so I am. So here I am again WORKING to get weight off. Weight loss is not easy for me. It never will be. I was always have to work harder then everyone else around me with normal thyroids. But I'm ok with that. If I didn't go through everything that I have gone though then I wouldn't be me and I wouldn't have my kids who are my life. They are a big part of why I am trying to lose weight again, So I can around longer for them.

My Current stats & Goals -
SW - 218.9
CW - 193.4
GW1 - 199
GW2 - 189
GW3 - 179
GW4 - 165
GW5 - 150

I feel 160/150 is a good weight for me, even with me being 5'3 since I have large heavy bones from being so overweight at a young age. I was 165 before getting preggo n a size 12. I felt VERY comfortable at that weight. I'm doing pretty well with my eating and exercise, now it's just time for the hard part - sticking to it!

If you have any comments or questions about my story, feel free to contact me. :)

jamie@jamies-designs.com











































Name: Jamie Anda
Age: 27
Location: San Diego CA

View My Profile

Powered by Blogger

This is a paragraph of text that could go in the sidebar.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Morning

6:20am-I've been so bad at writing here. I'm sorry. I know not many people read this blog but still I do it for myself too. This weekend was great. We went to the Zoo on Saturday. I got alot of cute pictures of my girls. Even got some good ones of me. We went on the "bus" around the zoo and spent some time in the chirldren's zoo area too. Yesterday we went to my kids clubhouse. It's basically a huge indoor play place. My kids love it and so do I. They make it so the parents can pretty much go on everything with the kids. :) It makes me feel like a kid again and who doesnt love that!

I have also been working on my website. I totally changed it's look and now I'm trying to add the rest of my creations to it. I've been alot of IM Letters. lol Anyways if you wanna peak go to
http://www.jamies-designs.com/ to see it. Leave me a message on my guestbook and let me know what you think. :)

On another note, Another reason I have been so quiet is because I'm on a personal/spiritual journey. I finally have the chance to go out and figure out who I am, heal from the past, and look at differant religions and try to figure out what I really believe. Sometimes I feel so lost. There is so many religions out there, and I don't think there is that "magic" one for me. I believe in too many differant things. Anyways, I gotta go get ready for the day I will BBL.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie...I came across your blogging today and read where you are on a spiritual journey.Yes..there are many religions and that is because so many people believe so many different things..they make their own religions up to suit their beliefs and then they try to get as many people to agree with them as they can...Jesus said.."I am the way,the truth,and the life.No man cometh to the Father..but by me.If you are searching for the truth..He is the truth.Nobody took his life..he layed it down for us..so that we could spend eternity with him.I can only point you in the right direction..you will have to decide what you are going to do.:-)There really is something to that scripture verse..St.John 3:16.For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son..that whosoever believeth in him should not perish..but have everlasting life.:)

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie , i´m Adriana from Brasil..group pspscraphouse.
I like your blog and Congratulations and sucess for all.
Kisses
Adriana Tenreiro

2:05 PM  
Blogger VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Jamie:)
I got your comment the other day and am wondering if there is any specific pages you are looking for? There are only a few on my blog that allow three or more pics.If I had an idea of what subject matter you are looking for..it will help me to determine if I have any of those.:)
Thank you soo much for commenting on my pages...I sure appreciate your taking the time.Not everyone does.:)

Hugs,
Valinda(vjscraproom)

6:28 AM  
Blogger VJ's Scrap Room said...

Me again..just came back from your new website..How cool..looks like you have a little of everything to offer there.Fantastic job!

Hugs,
Valinda

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website looks wonderful! Congratulations :)

1:30 PM  
Blogger Photopassion said...

Hi Jamie,

I just want to thank you for all your nice comments on my blog. Your blog is very interesting, I´ve put a link into my sidebar also (thanks for linking me ;-))
I´m a little bit lazy with writing right now, but didn´t want to go without a short "Hi" ;-)
I will check back soon, you´re such an interesting person and many things you have written could have come right out of my mouth too *gg*
Have a nice evening
{{{Hugs}}}
Conny

1:35 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

Jamie, Worked it out you were 19 when you started your addiction with PSP, when I was 19 you only had PC at work *gg*. Now you started at 19 and look how talented you are, imagine what my kids will be doing at your age.The already design web pages on dream weaver, it scares me! Hey there is nothing wrong with believing in more than one faith even if it's part of a few, the important thing is to believe and care.

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home